January 22, 2020 | PRESS RELEASE |
(Costa Mesa, Calif., January 22, 2020) – Envision Financial Systems, Inc., a leading provider of real-time investor recordkeeping technology, recently celebrated the firm’s 25th anniversary at its Costa Mesa office. From its beginnings over lunch meetings in Newport Beach Park, Envision has built a shareholder accounting solutions business representing over 470 mutual fund families and 16.6 million shareholder investment positions, challenging the status quo in the financial services industry.
Envision Financial Systems was officially founded in October of 1994 by Satnam Gambhir, Timothy Kan and investor Alan Lewis. They chose the name “Envision” to capture their discontent with mainframe-based technologies and the future they saw for contemporary technology in servicing mutual fund shareholders.
“Envision Financial Systems has represented the quintessential American success story and we are immensely proud of all of the individuals who have made this journey possible,” said Gambhir, CEO and chief design officer. “Envision has used its belief in flexible technologies and providing personalized experiences to its customers to shake up an industry looking for alternatives to mainframe stalwarts. With an aggressive focus on improving the client experience, the future looks bright for Envision.”
Throughout the past 25 years, Envision achieved a number of important milestones as it developed its distinctive approach to shareholder accounting.
- In 2001, the corporate headquarters moved to a larger location in Tustin, Calif., and the company launched and staffed a new operational support center Owings Mills, Md. to support the business need for expanded service hours and provide customer access to additional professionals with mutual fund industry experience
- In 2002, to support the actual growth and forecasted demand, Envision opened a development office in Bangalore, India.
- In 2006, revised its technology to support college savings plan/ 529 plans.
- Envision has struck successful partnerships with companies including ISCorp, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Unisys, Sybase, Nuance, LexisNexis, FSSI, Celera Systems, Chesapeake Solutions, Docupace Reed Smith and Stradley Ronon.
- In 2018 Envision and U.S. Bank Global Fund Services, LLC, announced the launch of FundKeeper, a new mutual fund account servicing platform for brokers. FundKeeper brings financial intermediaries a new approach to supporting mutual-fund-only investor accounts.
- With innovative solutions and larger clients came acknowledgement from the industry of Envision’s achievements. Among other honors, in 2017 Envision was awarded a Fund Intelligence Mutual Fund Technology and Service Awards for Best Clearing and Settlement Technology. In 2018 it was awarded a NICSA NOVA Awards for Innovation in Distribution and the firm was consistently ranked first from 2011 – 2018 in the Mutual Fund Service Guide for shareholder system sales or lease providers.
“We’ve come a long way since our initial meetings at Newport Beach Park and Carl’s Jr. in Southern California back in the mid-‘90s,” added Kan, now president and chief product strategy officer. “With the strong foundation we’ve built, we couldn’t be more excited to see what the next two-and-a-half decades have in store.”
About Envision Financial Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1994, Envision Financial Systems, Inc. is a premier provider of real-time mutual fund recordkeeping technology and outsource solutions. Using in-depth knowledge of the industry and listening to its customers, Envision’s solutions enable firms with subaccounting needs to consolidate and control investor activity, increase representative and investor satisfaction, and help mitigate operational and economic risks. Envision supports over 470 investment companies, comprised of over 16,290 CUSIPS representing over $3.8 trillion in client assets. Envision’s headquarters are in Costa Mesa, California, with offices in Owings Mills, Maryland, Denver, Colorado and Bangalore, India. For more information, visit www.enfs.com.
Envision Financial Systems, Inc.
U.S. Bank Global Fund Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Bank, N. A.
Envision Financial Systems, U.S. Bank Global Fund Services and its affiliate Quasar Distributors, LLC together offer FundKeeper.
Investment products and services are:
NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • MAY LOSE VALUE • NOT BANK GUARANTEED • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
Quasar Distributors, LLC, Member FINRA, SIPC. To check the background of this firm, visit BrokerCheck by FINRA
U.S. Bank does not guarantee the products, services or performance of its affiliates and third party providers.